We use cookies on our website. By continuing to browse our site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Hide

I want to try mediation – what do I do?

If you are interested in trying family mediation to help you sort out issues following separation, you should contact an FMC Registered Mediator. You can find your nearest here. See here to find out why you should use an FMC Registered Mediator.

At your first meeting you will have an opportunity to explain your situation and find out more about how mediation might work for you. This confidential meeting is often known as a Mediation Information and Assessment Meeting (MIAM).

It is helpful if you can let your ex-partner know that you want to try mediation to help you both sort things out, and if you can agree which FMC Registered Mediator to use. If you do not want to do this, you can meet a mediator to discuss the next steps you want to take and the mediator you contact can make contact with your ex-partner (if appropriate).

Find out more about family mediation, MIAMs and mediation sessions here.