The Family Mediation Council (FMC) is a Company limited by guarantee. The Company registration number is 9560220 and the registered office address is International Dispute Resolution Centre, 70 Fleet Street, EC4Y 1EU.
The company has five members:
- College of Mediators
- The Law Society
- Family Mediators Association (FMA)
- National Family Mediation (NFM)
The Board of Directors
Each member organisation can appoint a director to the FMC Board of Directors. There is provision within the Articles of Association the to co-opt up to three other directors. The board meets approximately every two months to consider matters of common concern.
The Chair of the Family Mediation Council is John Taylor
Currently the Directors are:
Allan Blake (co-opted)
Beverley Sayers, appointed by FMA
Dan Ronson (co-opted)
Ewan Malcolm, appointed by College of Mediators
Jane Robey, appointed by NFM
Jane Wilson, appointed by Resolution
John Taylor (co-opted)
Mark Paulson, appointed by The Law Society
Attending board meetings, as observers, are:
Chair of the Family Mediation Standards Board
A representative of the Family Justice Council
A representative of the Ministry of Justice
The Family Mediation Standards Board (FMSB) has delegated authority to advise upon and oversee the implementation of, and adherence to, the FMC’s professional standards.
- Maintaining and publishing a register of mediators and Professional Practice Consultants
- Ensuring standards of foundation training courses
- Maintaining and administering a robust system for accreditation
- Considering and making decisions on complaints and disciplinary matters that have been escalated from member organisations of the FMC.
The members of the FMSB are:
Robert Creighton (Chair)
The FMSB & FMC share an administrative office and Executive Officer.
The FMSB can be contacted via email@example.com or by phone on 01707 594055.
The FMC is supported in its work by an Executive Officer and other consultants.